Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A blur

The past few days have been a blur. Diana and I were on our way to the west side of Michigan for a wedding. We made it to Grand Haven and stopped to change. While we were changing we received a call from Diana's sister saying her mom Doris was on her way to the hospital un responsive. We were able to view the wedding. The wedding was amazing. Shortly after the wedding my wife received a second call from her sister. Doris Alonso my wife's mom had a major stroke and there was an uncontrolled bleed in her brain that surgery would it fix. She would not make it much longer. Diana and I left the wedding to head home and inform our children. This was a difficult ride and telling each of our children was hard. We were able to book a flight for Diana on Sunday. The kids and I got on the road at 5 pm that same evening. My mother in law passed from this life to the next near 3:00 pm on Sunday. We drone to Lexington Kentucky. Spent the night. Woke up and returned to the road at 8am Monday. Made it to plant city by 11:30 pm. Nikki drove the final two hour of the trip. I was spent and exhausted. I am still very tired as I finish writing this note. Pleas pray for our family. Death is difficult no matter when it comes. Peace.

No comments: