Monday, February 8, 2010

Friends and Readers . . .


Does the fact that someone, even friends, read this blog change the nature of this blog . . . I must say yes! The fact that this blog is public means that I do not let every thought or feeling out fully. Though I do like this medium to push the limits of thought and at times frustration. A friend and I were chatting about the feeling of anonymity that people feel through the Internet. Sometimes folks do not hold back their thoughts and feeling and let all raw thought spew out . . . Look, things you post on the Net are public . . . simple. If I have something that is very private to say . . . or that I need to get off my chest, I share it with my wife, with my God and if you ever come across my personal Journal, you will quickly learn that I am a flawed man in search of of God's grace and mercy. It is amazing to view my life via my private self, my public self and my thoughts written and never mentioned. I also want to note the power this past month has had on my life as a person. I began to move consistently, and it has helped my overall health and fitness on many levels: physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and socially. Every level of my life has changed in some manner . . . what a blessing . . . Where are you on this entire thing of how much you let out to the world. What are you thoughts about private and public self? I love to hear you, I learn from you, be a teacher today . . .


I came across a friends facebook with this wonderful quote: "choosing one path means abandoning others- if you try to follow every possible path you will end up following none." Paulo Coelho


I like the overall thought of this quote . . . It is amazing the amount of options most of us have with the gift we call life. This life is short, very short . . . What are we going to do with this gift? Enjoy your day today. I am praying for you. Shoot me a line . . . Let me know if you have any thoughts or topics you would like me to address . . . Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm still around. Things have been really tough, but I'm hanging in there. It is nice to see my internet buddies are still there with words of wisdom!

Tree said...

It is so good to see you . . . It has been sometime. I am praying for you and your family
Peace