Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On a long road of recovery . . .


Have you ever been lost? Think with me about all the things you were thinking . . . what did you feel? What do you remember seeing? Being lost is not fun, but it is a learning experience on many different levels . . . But what happens when you get lost in life? What do you do? Where do you turn? I must tell you that somewhere along the way I got lost in life. Yes, you did read it here first. Look at me, I am 43 years old . . . and overweight . . . OK, now you see where I am going. I just spent a month of my life changing the things I have been doing and doing new things . . . I am working out on a regular basis at Planet Fitness. I am making decisions not to eat things I would have eaten. I am going to bed and getting an adequate amount of sleep. I got lost somewhere along the 22nd or 23rd year of my life . . . shortly after I was married. When I got married I weighed 175 lbs. or so . . . I woke up when I went to play the Wii with my family . . . I weighed 332.7 lbs. How did this happen? I got lost is an easy way to express it to you. Now I am on the long road to lose the weight and all the stuff that has allowed me to get where I am. My weight is an outward result of faulty inward thoughts. Yes, I did stop working out and moving along the way as well. For the month of January my first goal was to begin moving consistently and thinking more positively. What a wonderful month of movement and better feelings . . . and 12 lbs of weight loss. I am on the long road, and I want to see the big picture. My long range goal is to be between 200 and 220 lbs, but beyond the weight I want to be kinder to me, allow myself the freedom to be human. I know this is a ramble of thoughts. What are you working on in you life? What are the things that are challenging you in this moment? What parts of your situation can you control? Have a wonderful day. Peace

No comments: