Wednesday, February 24, 2010

try again . . .


I work with students with special needs in a high school . . . I learn some life lessons from them often. Many times these students are overlooked because they do not capture our attention or make the newspaper highlight page. However, I have had the privilege to work with them and get to know them. One of my students says "try again. . ." whenever he makes a mistake or someone else makes a mistake. I do not care who you are, or what you do, that is just good advice. I can not tell you how many times I have let a mistake or a failure sidetrack me, when all I really needed to do was "try again . . ." What in your life is kicking your butt? For me it is my weight and my being an effective dad. I am giving them both all I have, but I have to remind myself often to keep going, and when I do mess up, I now tell myself . . . "try again . . ." Peace

No comments: