Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have decided . . .

At least for now I have decided that my camera of choice is the Canon T2i.  I saw it at Costco the other day with my wife, and I thought . . . there it is a camera I would really like to have.  Currently and for the past few years I have used Olympus point and shoot cameras.  They have done me well.  However, since I left my film camera in the case, I have not had the joy of using and SLR.  I miss the features of the SLR and look forward to using a DSLR.  Now on to the money stacking . . . I hope to be able to find a two lens bundle with the body and an extra battery with a great memory card for around $1,000.  All this dreaming while I am also trying to lose debt . . . why does money or the lack of it have to get in the way of so many things.  I often ponder what it would be like to have enough money for all the things I want to do.   I would say to never have to worry about money, but even people that have money spend much of their time worried about there money.  Or maybe a desire to have more money.  I also struggle as a man with the desire to be simple, and to live simple.  Is it OK to be a simple man and have a thousand dollar camera?  Taking photos is a hobby,  I currently do not make money with any of my photos, but I want to put this money into something that I enjoy doing.  I think that is okay, and I believe my wife would agree.  I have thought of selling some of my pens in order to generate some of this money . . . but I am having separation anxiety.  I see it though as not so much as taking a thousand away from my family, but transferring the money I already have invested into something else I desire.  Does any of this make sense.  I know it is trivial, but it is on my mind.
Life is going well for me these past few weeks.  I am thankful that the heavyness of the winter months is moving out as the newness of the spring brings sun and warmth.  I am thankful for today and for this moment.  I trust you are well.  I miss chatting with whoever reads.  Thank you for your time.  Have a great day.  Peace

No comments: