Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday, Monday . . .

Just how do we approach the beginning of the week. Or the beginning of the work week? Where did we get the name Monday. It appears that Monday has a connection to the moon, as in Moon day. I thought it had something to do with monotonous day. The day we get back on the treadmill and begin the race again. There is no denying the facts, that the days of the week coincide with Greek and Roman gods and goddesses, or with astrological planets. Here is an interesting link - http://webexhibits.org/calendars/week-connotations.html How do you approach Mondays? I am not in the hate camp. I like to get things going.
Here is a new thought. Just when does a day begin? I know it is mere semantics, or a play on thoughts. But why do we end our day with sleep? This was an issue posed to me this weekend. Why don't we begin our day with sleep. Strange I know. But what would happen if we changed this thought in our head. What if we chose to begin our day, when we ended our last day. Just before we close our eyes, we acknowledge the end of the one day, and the embarking on the new day.
I also saw a piece on America and the epidemic of sleep deprivation. Do we actually get enough sleep? That is the question. I am guilty of not going to bed soon enough, and then finding out that my day is beginning to early. So, I am going to give this new way a try. I have also heard that there is a link to being overweight and the lack of sleep, and lets just say, I could use a lot more sleep. Is there something in the old adage that says, everyone needs their beauty sleep. Maybe I would be kinder if I had more sleep. I would become more beautiful to those around me if I had more sleep. Well, I know these are random thoughts, but I want to share them with you all. Have a wonderful Monday. I am blessed by God and I continue to find satisfaction in HIM. Peace
Is it rest or just sleep, another issue, for another blog . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I worked overnights I did start my day with sleep! I would get home around 8:30 in the morning, have something to eat, then go to bed! When I woke up I would start dinner and clean up around the house, then be to work by 9:30 pm! I loved it, but my husband wasn't a fan. I am so tired anymore that by the end of the day it really is just sleep. I don't know when the last time was that I rested. At least I don't struggle with insomnia anymore!

Tree said...

Krista, It is so good to see you. I have been prayin for you and your family. I hear you on sleep vs. rest. My heart was such a stir yesterday, I do not remember going to sleep. I think I just passed out. Well, here is to finding REST. Peace