Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I have a hope . . .


Today, I am in band and the students are all practicing. It is nice to hear the entire band do their thing together. I am hopeful this year for some change and direction. I am getting this feeling in my soul that things may change for me this year. I do not know the exact nature of this change. It is like a change in the wind or something. You know, when brighter days are coming, or the sun just begins to break over the horizon. I have heard it is said, it is always darkest before the dawn. I am not sure of the truth of that statement, but I am looking for the breaking of dawn. Last fall I was sitting on the shore of Lake Huron at Mission Point, Mackinaw Island waiting for the sun to great me on a cool morning. It was phenomenal, the peacefulness and the consistent lap of the waves on shore. The anticipation that bubbled within my heart and mind was electrifying. When the sun broke over the horizon, all my expectations were met fully. It was all that I had hoped it would be. It was wonderful. I feel these same feeling about this New Year. I have many expectations and hopes. I have made it known that Fitness it my word for the year. It is a multi front approach to the year. I will take this hope and apply myself fully to setting SMART goals and reach out toward the horizon and embrace what is going to break. I want you to know that life is tough for me right now, it is actually a full on battle. Many nights I reach my pillow thinking I may not make it another day. When I wake up, I awake refreshed and ready to attack the day that lay ahead. I will share more about this hope and the fullness of the struggle as we spend time together. Know for now that I am thankful for your influence in my life and for this medium to think, talk, share, grow and succeed. Have a blessed day. Peace

No comments: