Friday, January 9, 2009

I really like pocket watches


I really like pocket watches, originally uploaded by erin.lee.

This is a wonderful shot by a young lady on flickr. What does it make you think? What does it make you feel? I love the focus on the time, or the hands of time in the watch, along with all the off focus stuff happening around the watch. Isn't life kinda like that, we are surrounded by many other people, but we are so focused on our life that it is hard to see others. Sometimes I can become so self focused that it is hard to see what is really happening. I remember when I first learned to drive. On the expressway i would have this subtle sway as I would go through a curve. It would cause those with me to become sick. Then one day my dad asked me where I was looking in the curve, I told him at the end of the hood. He told me I needed to look into the curve, ahead of the car, look to where I was going and the car would follow smoothly. You know what, it worked. I need to look at life from a perspective not so close. How are you looking at life? Does this make any sense to you? It makes sense to me. Thank you Erin for this shot. I just like this shot for many reasons. Peace

No comments: