Monday, September 14, 2009

First one there gets the . . .


What a wonderful weekend . . . I love Michigan . . . the weather has been wonderful these past few days. So, I have a story in which, to quote our President, "I acted stupidly". Here you go, and I will cast my lot to a testosterone surge . . . I was going to get gas after church and dropping the boys off at home. I was traveling west on 10 mile road near Novi Road. I was stopped at the light, so I took the right lane to get the jump at the light and move to the front before the road became one lane, you know got to be first ! ! ! Well, the light changed and I gave it the usual burst of speed juice. The lady in the left lane also gave it some gas, so now we were off and running. I wanted to be first, because you know how important being first can be in the grand scheme of things . . . so i gave Mona Lisa a little more juice - and the lady next to me also pushed it down, so now we are going kinda fast, and I thought to my self - Okay, I am with you here, so I pushed the pedal down, she flipped me a bird, and i gave her a way because she was behind me . . . I know, you can see where this is going . . .I look up once I am in front of my nemesis, and who did I see? You guessed it, one of Novi's Finest coming toward me in the other lane. I knew I was caught, so I pulled over even before he could turn his car around . . . he asked me when he came to the window, "are you in a hurry today sir"? I just told him it was stupid and I was sorry . . . He said he clocked me doing 72 in a 45 and the other driver was doing 68 . . . He took my info back to his car and came back with that paper you really do not want on a Sunday drive . . . he told me had I let her go in front of me he would have issued her the citation . . . Well, I have a new motto, "There is no need to speed" I am not sure how much this baby will cost me - - - it is already many miles over the posted speed limit . . . I must tell you that I received mercy from the officer because he wrote my ticket for only 5 miles over the speed limit . . . over time I know that saved me more money than I will ever know . . . so remember - - - THERE IS NO NEED TO SPEED . . . and the first one there doesn't always receive the prize . . . Peace

No comments: