Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cut my lawn for the first time this year . . .


Wow, can you believe I finally had a day off when it did not rain. I am so thankful that I was able to cut my lawn yesterday. It looks so nice. The grass was 10 inches tall in some spots. I love my lawn when it is cut fresh. I also love seeing the immediate result of my work . To relax after working so hard is refreshing. What work do you do that bring you a sense of accomplishment and joy? Do you consider this work fun, or just hard and dull? Cutting the grass for me is hard, but not dull, and I do enjoy the alone time. Believe it or not, cutting my grass is a great time for me to think and meditate, while I am being productive. I know, it may be odd, but it works for me.

Well, I have taken the challenge that my pastor has thrown out to our church. Read the book of Proverbs during our study called - "Life for Dummies - How to live SMARTER not HARDER."
The book of Proverbs is a great book in that is provides principles for life. I am in need of Wisdom on many fronts in my life. Right now the area I seek wisdom for is being a better parent. I have the task of leading my kids towards maturity. That is an awesome responsibility. I love my three kids with all my heart, and I hope to give them the tools necessary to live a prudent life in this crazy world. Wisdom is among one of the greatest gifts I could possible pass on to my children. Where are you on this wisdom thing?? I am a simple man trusting and follow God. Again, my premise for life is that The bible is God's revealed word to man, and can be trusted. I know that this may not be your position, and I respect you for that, but I challenge you to read Proverbs with me. Who in this world does not need wise counsel and principles for good judgement? I need all the encouragement that I can receive. It is good to be here today. Have a wonderful day. Peace

No comments: