Friday, May 30, 2008

Today . . . Dad has Open Heart Surgery . . .


It is amazing how fast life can be put into a new perspective. We are all very busy people, with possibly to many things too accomplish in one day. I was at work yesterday tending to all the things that are usually on my to do list. My Dad had a procedure that day with his heart doctor, and we prayed and thought it was going to be routine. At about 10:45 am my mom called to inform me that Dad was going to be admitted for a triple bypass. My mom sounded kinda shaky, so I told her I would come to the hospital and be with her and dad. I made arrangements at work, and left for the hospital. Perspective. My day was spun upside down, now mind you I guess my Dad's world was the one that has been impacted the most. However, all the things I thought I was going to accomplish, suddenly became less important. I sat with my dad and mom for several hours, meet some of Dad's surgery team. I am thankful I was able to be there with them yesterday. My dad has peace about this operation, though he did not want to do it. The doctor said this is the only way to get blood to his heart. The suddenness of this thing is most amazing. My dad did not have a heart attack, which is a blessing.

I ask that you keep my family in your prayers today, and in the coming days. I ask that you pray for the doctors, and my dad as he is the one that will go through the operation. Thank you for lending an ear. Know that I am thinking about you all. Have a wonderful day. Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll certainly be praying for you and your dad today. Thank God they caught it before he had a heart attack. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Tree said...

Thanks Krista. I appreciate your thoughts. Have a wonderful day. Peace