Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am here . . .


Today . . . I am amazed where God has me in life. I love students, especially High School students. They are so filled with energy and passion. Often times this energy and passion are not properly channeled. No, that is not so, they are passionate to the point of action. Wow, I need their passion. They are opening the door of an independent life, and their decisions are weighty. How do we learn. I will have to quote my friend froomla "Failing is most of how I learn things." Sometimes we all learn the Hardway . I also learn the most from the struggles I have had in life. We can also learn from the mistakes of others. We can gain wisdom from those around us.

So what has caused this thoughts in my life. Today, I have been able to connect with two students, that I love a lot, that are struggling in life. I am praying for them. I just want to hug them up and make it all better in their life, but that is not possible. I do want them to know that the battle is worth it, and that life will not always be so difficult. This transition is necessary for all people. Some people go through this transition with little problem. Others go through this transition as if it was a full ten round fight. I am reminded of the butterfly. I am under the impression that it is important for the butterfly to struggle out of it cocoon in order to strengthen their wings so they will be able to fly.

What are the greatest influences on our lives during this transition? What do you think? What makes being a kid moving through life to adulthood so difficult? I am thinking about you today. Peace



1 comment:

Samantha said...

I think it's the fact that everything's changing. Who you are is changing, what people expect of you is changing, what you want to do is changing. People naturally want what they know, and changing from childhood to adulthood is the complete opposite of that.
I'm teaching my sunday school class tomorrow. I'm scared.