Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to school . . .



We are back to school today, what a wonderful thing. I like the routine-ness of it all. Wake up, go to school, eat lunch, drive home, hang out with the family, eat dinner, go to bed . . . It is nice, epically the bed part, I love my bed, and the down comforter, o me o my . . . it is so warm and snugglely, yes, I did say snugglely, you got a problem with that, I am still the Man . . .



But on to the new day that is today. The first day of school for this new DECADE . . . What does it mean? for some it is amazing, for others like myself it is something noteworthy to comtemplate. What does this decade hold? Will we see the end of the world? (2012) Will we see an end to world hunger? Will we find a cure for aids? Will we find peace in the Middle East? Will we realize the dream of renewable energy?



On a personal note, this next 10 years, if I live every one of them . . . should hold Three children graduating from High School - - - Maybe all three Graduating from College . . . Possible weddings, and I am sure a few funerals. Maybe some Grandchildren, but not in a rush for that one. I enter the decade as a 43 year old man, I will end it as a 53 year old man . . . Wow, that is perspective giving. My hair is going grey by the day, and I hope to still have hair. My Wife Diana and I will celebrate our 25th and 30th wedding anniversary during this time . . . I would like to see my debt diminish, and I have already begun to take the steps to make that happen. I also want to see my waist line decrease, and I have begun working on that as well . . . Wow, it is amazing to future cast, or to forward look, but actually, I only have this moment. I want to make this moment count . . . in my life, in the lives of my family and those whom God has allowed in my life, friend and foe . . .



On to books, I am currently reading a book called "The Education of Little Tree" it is a story of a young Indian boy growing up with his grandparents during the depression in the mountains of Kentucky. I pick up the book because my nick name, or name given to me by my aunt, whom I consider, wise and wonderful is "Little Tree". I have enjoyed this story and will finish it today. I would encourage you to pick it up and enjoy the read from the perspective of a young Indian boy . . .



Well, I will post again and welcome to the new year and new decade . . . enjoy your moment that is now. Yes, tell those you love that you love them, hug them often, express what important people mean to you to them while you can. Also pray for your enemy and do go to those who are your foe . . . Peace



No comments: