Friday, October 12, 2012

Love Hurts . . .

This weekend is homecoming here at Novi High School. Today was green and white day as these are our school colors. Also the cheer leaders sold roses. What a lovely flower. Have you ever felt the petal? What an amazingly smooth feeling. The scent is also captivating. However lovely and refreshing this flower is, it also has a stem full of sharp thorns. What would love be in a pain free environment? Do you believe it is possible to be human and be acting in love and not be hurt along the way? I have loved and been hurt along the way. I have also love another and have hurt them along the way and for that hurt I am truly sorry. It has never been my intention to hurt another person. If I have hurt you in any way, please let me know and allow me to make things right as much as humanly possible. Now back to some of my thoughts. As humans we are by nature going to be selfish and self centered at times and hurt others that we love. Love as well as life involves risk. Love is risky. Love is also a choice! We can choose to love. The danger within love is the strong desire to be loved. We all want to be loved and accepted by others. At times our desire to be loved has the potential to put us in dangerous situations. What I mean by this is our desire to be loved at times will keep us in potentially dangerous relationships. It is important to be able to distinguish between healthy and in healthy relationships. Today, I pray for me as well as you that we love with purity and clear intentions.
One other thought about love. We must allow ourselves to love and be loved by ourselves. Spend some time in the mirror and love the person you are. I mean now. Find a mirror, and look at that person. Yes, look at you deep into the eyes. Allow you to get to know you. Spend time and allow you to forgive yourself for anything. Remember, you are the best you you have at this moment. Love you, accept you as you are today, and work on the you that you want to become. Enjoy this moment. Peace

No comments: