Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am at the Pool tonight . . .

I am hanging out with my kids tonight. We are at the pool until 8:30 pm. It is cool. I was not up for swimming tonight, but they could not wait to get here. So, I am still working on my ordination paper. When I am done, and have the opportunity for an interview, and they accept me, or whatever they have to do, I will be a Reverend. Now that will not change who I am or who I think I am, but it will give me the opportunity to conduct wedding in the State of Michigan. I am looking forward to doing the wedding for some of the students who have graduated from my youth group. Actually, I have a wedding coming up in October. I am so excited. Do you ever plan on getting married? Or if you are married, what do you think about marriage so far? Ya, I know it is a lot of work, and it may not have been exactly what you expected. I have been married for 20 years this coming July. I am a blessed man. My wife is the greatest gift I have ever received. It is my hope that she can say the same thing about me, but I will not put those words in her mouth.

My wife is at home relaxing. She came home with the making of a migraine headache. I do not know what she goes through. I feel bad because there is nothing I can do, but leave her alone for a while.
I can not believe there are only 8 days left in this school year. The year has gone by way to fast. I meet some great kids this year, and for that I am thankful. I also had to say goodbye to the seniors I have known for the past four years. What a blessing it is to be me. I love these kids. I am excited knowing they are going to take new steps in this journey called life. I pray for them as I think of them. May they know truth as they walk their days upon this earth. They have all touched me in some significant way and made me a better man as a result. It is my prayer that I have been able to encourage them as well.

On to summer. What are your plans for summer? We are not going to Florida this summer, which is something new for us. My wife is from the Tampa area, so we go down at least once a year. But this summer we are hanging out here. Diana's sister Nancy and her family are coming up for a few busy days. Look at this, we are doing something every day. It will go by like a rocket. We will be all over the Detroit area, as well as Canada (Niagara) and Ohio (Cedar Point). I am looking forward to them coming, it will be the first time they have visited us up here in Michigan. We have only lived here for the past 10 years. We are also going to to camping some time this summer. That will be a new experience for us. We have only camped at places like - Holiday Inn Select, Wingate Inn, Comfort Inn, Hilton Garden Inn. You get the picture. Really, this time we are going to try taking a tent and pitching it somewhere in this great state of Michigan and camp like camping was meant to be done. Have you ever went Camping? I use to camp as a child with my parents when we were growing up. Maybe one time in a blog I will tell you about camping on October Mountain IN Massachusetts. It was one crazy night.
Well, it is about time for open swim to be over, and my kids are the last ones in the pool. Try reading some Proverbs for words of wisdom. Have a blessed day. Peace

No comments: