Monday, June 9, 2008

Me and my . . .


Why is it so hard to listen?? Get this, I love to talk. I am not in love with hearing myself talk, but I do enjoy talking. I love the social and relational interaction with people. I also like to be heard and understood, that seems to be a universal desire of all who speak. I love life, and I love learning. I love the fact that each day I have a new opportunity to learn about myself and about the world in which I live. It was a great weekend full of learning for me. I am so blessed. I want to share a few verses with you:


James 1:19 - 21 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. (NIV)


James 1:19 - 21 Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God's righteousness doesn't grow from human anger. So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life. (The Message)


Like I said above, I have so much learning to do . . . How about you? Any thoughts on the subject, or things you have learned in your journey? Have a wonderful day. Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a meditation quote on my wall at work, "The tongue is the hardest sense instrument to tame. Our need to comment is obsessive and compulsive. Witness your inner silence and be free." I love this. It helps me remember that I can have an opinion but I don't necessarily need to share it with the world-at the very least I should think for a minute before sharing it.

Thanks for the comment before. Things are okay. It is hard, and it probably will be for awhile, so I just keep praying to Jesus to be my advocate and take care of us. Thank you for you prayers.

How is your dad? I was praying for him on his surgery.