Monday, June 2, 2008

I touched the hand . . .


It is amazing. When my dad was in surgery this past Friday. We sat in the waiting room. Well, what do you do in the waiting room. You, Wait. That is what we did. We waited, and played cards. Had talkative moments and quiet moments. Then the Chaplin of the hospital came in to tell us that my dad was doing OK, and that they took him off the machine that oxygenated his blood and were able to restart his heart. This was the first news we heard since the operations started. About 30 minutes or so later the assistant to the surgeon came out and filled us in on the surgery. Dad was doing well, and there were no complications. It was another 15 minutes till Dr. Goodman came out to share his perspective of the surgery to us. He asked us if we had any questions, and when he got up to leave, he shook our hands, and left the waiting room. I immediately thought to myself. I just touched the hand of the man who touched my dads heart. That is so awesome. What do you think? Do you think you will ever touch someones Heart?? It was a blessing to talk to the Doctors and have them answer our questions. Have a wonderful day. Peace

No comments: