Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes, yes I did vote . . .


Hey now, I did have the great privilege to vote today. I was number 555 at my precinct. That is really good compared to all the other times I voted. I did have to make a call to the City Clerks office to complain. Yes me, complain. You want to know why, I'll tell you why, actually I will insert a photo here to let you know why . . .

Yes, you guessed it. My polling place ran out of the coveted "I Voted" Stickers. Can you believe that. I love the sticker. I vote for the sticker, no actually, I do keep them in my journal with a notation of the day I voted. Also, I was not able to take advantage of all the free stuff that was being passed out today, not that I would have, but I didn't have the sticker.

I know that God is in control and whatever happens in regard to the elections, I have no need to worry, but wholly rest upon HIM. It is an amazing thing to think that my future is not in the hand of any politician. Now do not get me wrong, things in this land of ours could get crazy, and people could be in dire need. I am not saying that I would not have sadness if our country was thrown into some sort of chaos. What I am saying is my mind is at rest in God and his truth, and my soul is at peace, while my body may waste away. I know this is odd, but death is not the enemy. This may be an odd post to you, but I invite you to seek Jesus, and find the peace that he give freely. Have a blessed day. Also I am at 1877 words in nanowrimo. That is good for a newbie. Peace

2 comments:

chloe marie said...

He provides to those who ask.

Tree said...

Thank you for your encouragement. Have a wonderful day. . .