Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How did it happen . . .

Today . . . I have a few moments to reflect on life. I am tired today, too much Busch's over the course of the past few days. I long for a job, one job that pays enough to pay the bills, wait, I long for the day that the bills will be less, and I can continue to do a job I love, that is better. Is it a money issue, or a control of the money issue? If I could tell you one thing, from all the things I have learned in life besides your need of Jesus as you savior, It would be, do not create DEBT. That is right. Do you want to be a slave to someone else, then go ahead and create debt. Debt is an anchor that holds you back from your dreams. How did I get into debt? Little by little, a thing here, a trip there, a meal over there. I did have fun, and it happened over time, but now, I am in a pit that will be hard to climb out of. I am not in despair, but I am pressed. If I could sway you in any way - deny yourself until you have the cash, do not run on credit, it will lead you into the slavery of debt. I will be debt free, it will be a long haul, but it will be worth it. I am at the very beginning of the road out of this pit, but it will be wonderful.

Did I tell you that FITNESS is my word for the year, 2009. I know, this is a little early, but I want to be FIT. ON multiple levels, Emotionally, Physically, financially, relationally, spiritually. I believe, Spiritual fitness is incorporated into all areas of fitness. All is spiritual. Every aspect of my life is a spiritual issue.


Also, I want to say, my post on the challenge to married couples may have made some of my readers blush, sorry. I am married, and I think it was an amazing challenge. I also hoped to garner some comments from another post I had done. Also, by the very fact that you are reading this post, two someones took the challenge at some point in their lives, and here you are. I know it may be something you do not want to think about, but it is where we all began. I love you all. Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, debt sucks. That's what I'm fighting with right now...it's especially bad if it falls behind. We are working to be debt free in a few years, but it's kind of depressing to think about how long it's really going to take. The good thing is knowing that it will go away eventually, it will just take a lot of hard work and "creative" budgeting!

Tree said...

I hear you Krista. I want you to know that I pray for you all often. We are doing some of that creative budgeting as well. We made some crazy decisions thinking we were never going to have to pay the piper, but now we have had to pay in more ways than just debt, it has taken its toll upon our marriage and our relationship. It is tough to see this as only an money thing, it somehow becomes a between us thing, which I do not fully understand, but this is where we are. Peace