Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Today's her birthday . . .


Fifteen years old, and in high school - time flies. I am so proud of Nikki. She is a diligent worker, with a heart for people, especially children. I have had the privilege and the responsibility to be her dad for fifteen years. I am an incredibly blessed man . . . I can not express the love and admiration I have for my daughter in this short space. Wow, what else can I say.


I am doing good on my walking goal, just finished two miles today. I am at 32.5 of the 45 miles needed or desired before the end of the year. I did not know where to start on this weight thing, so I started by walking. The benefits of Walking have already proven to be numerous. It is easy and fun to do, and I accomplish a goal I set for myself. Walking has helped with the pain I was having in my feet from standing at Busch's as a cashier. Sleep has improved and the activity of dreams has returned, you've got to love the return of blood flow to the brain. Overall, I am a more pleasant person to be around. Again, with the goal of FITNESS for the year of 2009 at the forefront of my mind, it is pleasant to begin the journey on the backside of 2008. There is no time like the present to start a goal, you do not have to wait until January 1, 2009 to begin. I long for the discipline of daily decisions. It has to be done today for me, not just dreamt about. I love to dream and contemplate, but now is the time for me to act, especially on this weight thing.


I thank you, my friends, for your encouragement along the way. I love this thing called blog. I love to chat, express, think, contemplate and grow. I have had fun here. I wish you a wonderful Christmas. May you know the reason for the season. Peace

No comments: