Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Live, Laugh, Love . . .


A popular saying, but one that needs to be repeated in life. I am alive today, and happily so. I am at school this morning, a little on the tired side. Students if full swing on this brisk December morning. Christmas is a few days away. Powerful thoughts stream through my mind and heart about the goodness of Grace. Here are some verses that have been coursing through my head . . .

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30

What do you think about that? I want to learn the unforced rhythms of grace. Why is it that I feel so often like I have to force my crazy self to obey and trust. I long for the freeing feeling of knowing the unforced-ness of walking with God. God is so good.
So, where are you in this living in Grace thing? I am still learning to trust and rest. My heart longs for the Rest here. The ease of living that is provided or given by Jesus as we learn life from him. He is the ultimate Live, Laugh, Love - - - Peace



2 comments:

Samantha said...

The balloon totally made my day, which was kind of sucking before.
Thank you.

Tree said...

Sam, It was just too funny. The stupid balloon touched the wall and popped, so we only had one left. I am glad it brightened your day. I am proud of you. Keep up the great work. . . Peace