Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What will it take ? ? ?


Last night I had the joy of working at the Busch's. When I went to work there was no snow. Some time in the first hour, it began to snow hard. Just in time for the evening rush hour. People were on edge at the store, and I understand they were in a hurry to get home. It seems when we get under stress, we tend to move quickly thinking that will help us out. What I heard from the folks in line was - many people in a hurry ended up in the ditch off the road. Or perhaps, the hurriers ended up making it home not realizing the trouble they caused running other off the road into a ditch. Isn't this just like real life. We get into some sort of storm - we get under stress and possible in a hurry by a deadline. We begin to make sour choices on the spot in the moment. Then all of a sudden, we find ourselves in a ditch. Or possible we run some around us into a ditch. Think about it. It happens to us. Okay, I can not speak for you. I know it has happened to me all too often. Just this week, i have found myself in the ditch or ditch causing mode. My kids and wonderful wife are the ones I most often ditch. When I am alone in the quiet of my own heart, this brings me great sadness. I must slow down, speak kindly and softly, and remember to move forward with caution. This is another area of FITNESS I am working on - The Relational Fitness. It is time to begin for me the resolution to be the best me. Have a wonderful day, and slow down, take a breath and be thankful. Peace

No comments: