Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 2 . . .


We only have so many moments that make up a lifetime of activity. Think of it this way, If I live to be 70, which I hope I do, I will have lived 25,550 days not counting leap years. That makes up a total of 613,200 hours . . . or 36,792,000 minutes . . . or 2,207,520,000 seconds . . . Why is it that we measure moments by time? We are in such a hurry so often . . . It is amazing how much time and the tabulation of time impacts our lives. No matter what you believe, we live in a world that is governed by time and the its constraints. We have times to wake up, times to go to bed, time to shower, time for education, times for driving. Think of all the times you have to keep up with, even times to watch the biggest loser. Okay, we have an appointment with time, it is all the time.

I began this 365 project with the hope that it will help me find the lost me. Find the man that is trapped in this body. I know you may not believe what you read here, but I am ready to climb out and get what remains of my life back. I am blessed, and I am thankful, but I am tired of carrying this weight inside and out. I am ready to embrace the me that is hidden here somewhere in my soul. I have enjoyed walking on the treadmill for a total of 40 minutes these past two days. I am on the move to a new me. Each day, each step, each movement is one small step for a new me. I look forward to what today will bring. Peace

No comments: