Friday, December 4, 2009

You may never know . . .

When you are moved to do something nice for someone, or to say something nice . . . Make sure you act on your internal motivation. You may never know just what an impact a kind word or a little deed will have on another . . . Let me share this little story with you . . . I have a friend and a teacher in one of my students. My friend challenged themselves to work hard above and beyond the other things pressing in on them during the month of November and took on Nanowrimo. It is a 50,000 word novel challenge that is to take place beginning on November 1 and must be finished and submitted by November 30. Well, they were able to finish the challenge. I decided to bring them a small card and a couple balloons to celebrate their accomplishment. I have told you before that I love balloons. They are colorful and bring cheer into life . . . To go on, the small token of congrats and excitement of a task completed went farther to encourage and bring joy into the monotony of daily life. I have been encouraged by their blog about this little thing as well. I share this with you again as a motivation to be kind, play nice and love those near you . . . Who really know what person needs a little encouragement, and you know what, you may benefit the most by being kind. Give it a try. Have a wonderful day.

No comments: