Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Day of Rest . . .


What is a day of rest? Is a day of rest a day without activity? Is it sleeping? Is it watching all the games during March Madness? insert - "GO STATE", here. Can you rest and not sleep? Can you sleep and not rest? Can sleep be restless? I did eat pizza before I went to bed last night, so that may explain my crazy dreams. What do you do to rest? What is it that refreshes your soul? and renews your energy? I know that I rest like no other when I am going a tad over the speed limit (wink, wink) on my brothers motorcycle. I also know that I am refreshed after I spend an hour out on the lake kicking the jet ski. You know what, I also like to write. I love to chat with people that are hurting, that provides me energy. I love to come alongside of people that have lost their way. That is where my soul finds breath. God has made me to identify with people in the midst of the struggle. Wow, how did I get here in my train of thought? I must tell you nothing new, I live on the rabbit trail.

I trust you are well. I am praying for you. Have a wonderful Easter. Jesus is alive, he is Risen, he is not in the tomb. Christ is risen, he is risen indeed.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Easter

Tree said...

hey sam, you are back - it is good to see ya.