Friday, March 14, 2008

The morning after . . .


Good morning, I am here at NHS and it is second block. My birthday was filled with about 13 hours of work. And much fun. I was also able to get a 45 min nap in before Busch's. My wife and kids brought me a cake to work along with some balloons. It was nice to see them. I shared my cake with the folks I work with and it was nice. When I went out to my car that night, my entire car was also full of balloons. That was a nice surprise. Actually they are still in the back seat of my car. It is nice being 42. I am a blessed man, and I rejoice in life.

How are you doing today. I am awake. I had a good night of sleep last night. I am thankful for that as well. I have a long weekend planned with work and family and church. My wife is off to a reading conference down in Detroit. She will have a long, but good weekend. My kids will be with my parents for the weekend, they will have a grand time.

What type of day are you having today? Mine is good thus far. Can you determine to have a good day? I try to have a good day each day. I believe there is a level of mindset that help determine our day. I know that circumstances may be rough and some times very hard, but even in the hard times we can have a good day. I must admit, there are days that I get down, and there are days I wish never to repeat again. But for the most part, Days are good, and I keep my mind focused on the fact that each day is full of its troubles and Joys and I keep my energy on the joys. Maybe that is odd, but it is helpful for me.
Have a wonderful day. Peace

No comments: