Thursday, March 13, 2008

Todays my Birthday . . . Happy birthday to me . . .


(The photo above is found on http://galigarcia.com/gallery/balloons.htm . It is a piece of work done by the artist on the website. I give all credit to their website. )
I am here today, yes in the present. I am 42 years old, though I may look older and act younger. I do not know what it actually means to be grown up. I am a big kid. I love to have fun and I sleep like no other when I get the chance. Ha ha. I do not know exactly what I think about being 42. I have been married for 20 years. I have three children. And Still, I do not know what it means to be grown up. Is a grown up someone who has responsibilities beyond themselves? Is it a income to debt ratio thing? What does it mean to be a grown up? What are your thoughts on being grown up. I use to think that my parents were grown up. At times I see people that are so mature and reserved and I think to myself, are they grown up? Let me know what you think.
I love my life currently, though I would love to loose the heavy weight of student loan debt and let my part time Job go. But for now, I am OK. I am blessed with a wonderful loving wife and three wonderful kids and a great little dog. My car is running and I am blessed. I give praise to the provider. God is awesome. I am blessed. Let me throw out this odd thought. If everything in my life was sucky - would God still be awesome? I want to say yes. Now, in the scriptures there was a man named Job. He had a great life, and all hell broke loose in his life, and he still loved God and blessed his name. It is an amazing story of love and dedication.
I am going to go take a nap now, so I better get home. I have to work at Busch's tonight. I am looking forward to having some fun. Peace

1 comment:

Samantha said...

yeah, go ahead and blog about it. I don't have a problem...