Friday, March 7, 2008

How do I get the word out - I blog??


Hi, if you read my blog please leave me a comment. I like to connect with people. I know Sam and Krista read and comment. Thanks for your encouragement of my bantering. Know that I am blessed by your friendship.

I have a busy weekend planned, and I have a busy work schedule. When I chose to take a part time Job, I did not know it would end up being another full time Job. Yes, I am working 35 hours next week. That will make my actual paid work week 70 hours next week. I am tired of being the slave to debt that I am. If I could tell anyone one thing, it would be this - do not buy into the American Nightmare. Do not buy stuff you do not need with money you do not have to impress friends who are not there. I know that is too much to say. I am just living proof that it is a bummer to be owned by the one who lent me the money. Money comes easy from the lender, but paying it back is hard work. Do not start down that road. I am at the fork in the road of your life to tell you - DO NOT GO THIS WAY - It is too hard. Money is kinda crazy, and in our consumer get it now culture, we do not know how to embrace deferred gratification. I am learning. I just hope that my pain may be enough to help teach other not to follow me along the way.

I am speaking at a men's Prayer breakfast tomorrow morning. I am so excited about this opportunity to connect with men I know and love. I am also troubled by the fact that church and church stuff is boring and not relevant many times to where our world is. Man has mad church and religion something that Jesus never intended. It is like a man made thing that is, I must admit really boring. Jesus on the on the other hand, said He came to show us how to really live life to the fullest. I mean, the one who created Life - Came and lived life - The way it was meant to be lived - and those who were alive chose to kill the one who created life. Wait, Man did not kill Jesus, Jesus laid down his life for man. Wow, now I am getting philosophical. What I am saying is this thing is not about "religion" mans attempt to get to god on his own. It is not about money, or any other means. It is about a relationship with a person. The Person - Jesus. Jesus was more than just a good Teacher. He is the creator of it all. I know, this is what I believe, it is part of my "World View". I am trying to encourage you to look at Jesus and his life and his challenges in scripture to life in the status quo. I am talking to myself as well. I have so much to learn about following Jesus. It is not so much the learning as it is the practicing. Wow, that is a lot of stuff. I am praying for you as you seek truth. I pray that Jesus will become real to you and I as we seek to understand and live out fully this thing called Life.

I have to get going. I will write more later. Have a wonderful day. Peace

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I read your blog...

Tree said...

You are awesome. Thanks for the word. Peace.