Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home Alone . . .


It has been a busy few days. I am home alone right now. Quiet. What is it about the absence of movement that is so wonderful and at the same time unnerving? I enjoy being alone sometimes, but in my mind there is this nagging sense that I should be doing something. I have many things to do, but I just do not feel like doing them. All that is on the schedule for today is "the dentist" and that is at 5 pm. I have to have a spot filled. That is no fun. I am not looking forward to this visit. I will be glad when it is over.

I like being on break from school, but I miss hanging out with the students. There is some sense of security that comes from a daily routine. I enjoy getting up in the morning and getting my day started. I enjoy seeing the people that I work with. I enjoy the few quiet moments at home before anyone else comes home. I am happy to be off for a few days, but I look forward to school starting again.

I gave the Porsche back to my friend last night. I am so thankful that they were kind and allowed me to use it for the past 4 months. It was a true blessing and it filled my need for mobility. I now have a 1989 Buick Custom. It is grey and has a cloth interior. There are only 110,000 miles on the car. It is the most beautiful thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is God's provision for me in this time in my life. Therein lies its greatest beauty.

I am still trying to figure this thing called life out. Do not get me wrong. I am content where I am in life. I am under a little pressure financially, but this will pass with time. I am also trying to figure out where a guy like me fits into this world. I want to have impact on my world. I also would like to find a Job that would provide a little more money. Or better yet, find a way to reduce some of my load so I could just enjoy the job that I have. The job I do now does not pay much money, but it is such a blessing to me. It pays in satisfaction. I love my job.

I got on the scale today, and I will not share the numbers, but I need to get this current inflation under control. I do not like being a big man. Lets just say, I am currently twice the man I was when I was in college some 20 years ago. This is not a good thing on many fronts. I want to be around for my wife and kids. I want to be able to enjoy life. Well, that is to say it is time to cut some weight and reduce the waist.

You see what happens when there is time and no interruptions. I love to be alone, but my mind runs wild. Have a wonderful day. I trust you had a great Christmas.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I don't think we ever figure out this thing called life, which is actually a slightly depressing solution to this paradox of life.
Don't listen to anything I say, my brain is totally fried.

Tree said...

Sam, You are so funny. Have a great day. . . Keep Knitting.