Saturday, January 5, 2008

2008 . . . A New Century for ME ? ? ?


Wow, It is odd to be writing in 2008. It just does not seem real to me. I was born in 1966. So long ago. I remember when I was in High School thinking 1984 the year I graduated would never come. And now, those days and many more have come and gone. It happens so fast. I am thankful for the great days that I have experienced in my life. At times I wish I would have payed more attention to the simple joys of the day, but they are gone. I can only take each moment and embrace it fully, as one would try to squeeze the last drop of juice out of an orange. I try to capture each moment of the day and enjoy it to its fullest. If I live to be 80, then folks would say I am beyond the peak and starting down the back side of the mountain. If I live to be 100, then I am still a few days away from the top. But I am actually living at times like I may not make it to 60. There is the motivation to embrace HEALTH.

Enough of that deep pondering of the soul for the moment. What of the title you may say. I will shed some light on that for you. I have been without a car since I turned in my 06 - G6. You talk about a nice car, and quick. It was a lease. Well, I turned the car in on a Friday, and I rode my bike home from the Dealer. It was a nice bike ride. Then, I borrowed my brothers motorcycle, it is a Honda CBR 1100. A very fast "crotch rocket" as they are called. Then, Because of the fast approaching cold weather, a friend, offers me the use of her car during the time I am without a car. It happens to be a 1987 Porsche 944 turbo. Another fast ride. I drove it until late December when God provided my own car. I was praying and searching for a car, a cheep car. Since I left the church in August, my income decreased, so I was not able to lease again, or line up another car payment. I had to find something I could just pay for. I was searching on Craigslist and praying to find a car. I found a car for $800, so I wrote the unnamed person on Craigslist and let them know where I was in life (broke) and how I needed a car, and what would be the bottom line they would take for the car, I closed my letter, moved by the Spirit, with "Following Jesus" not knowing the person who would receive my email. A few hours later, I received an email back that said, they would take $700 bottom line for the car, and to call and set up a meeting. When I called, I found out that the family were missionaries, and were now working in a large church in the Northville area. What a blessing it was for me to contact these folks. I believe this was a move of God to provide for my need at this time, and meet their desire to sell a car. I drove the car, and made arrangements to buy the car, when I went to trade the paper work, they allowed me to buy the car for $650. What a blessing. Now on to the title, I am driving a silver, 4 door, 1989 Buick Century. So, it is 2008, and it is a new Century for me. . . You get it? Well, have a wonderful day. Thanks for letting me share a story of God's awesome provision in my life. We named the car "Mona Lisa".

1 comment:

Samantha said...

yay for you and your new car!