Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I love funny Photos . . .

I want all to know that many of the Photos on my blog are from the net. I love to take photos, but I also like to look at photos from others. I was looking for a funny photo for a blog today and check out this one. Found it on Google search. What do you think about it? What is happening? Just a little game of water balloon toss. Is this an example of over reacting? What are we not seeing? Is this a real time photo? Do you think this photo was fixed up in photo shop? Have you ever played water balloon toss games? Do you find this photo funny or disturbing? I like it. I think it is a real photo. A moment captured in time, and now on the net for all to admire. I do not believe it is fixed up by any program. Have you ever seen a photo of yourself looking less than pleasing? Do you think it is funny? I have a few photos of myself that I think are funny, but I do not want to share them with anyone. Why do I like to use photos in my blog? I love photos, because they appeal to our sense of sight. When we engage more senses, we can capture the heart in a wider fashion. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. And in many respects it is worth that or more. I want to be a person who is able to impact an audience with a message. For what ever reason, the guy in the red looks scared out of his mind. Have you ever been scared by what life was throwing at you? At times I must admit, the pit of my stomach is filled with knots. How about the person who is catching? Are they going to get wet? Have you ever had to catch something you knew would leave you in a mess? How about the guy in the grey, what is he thinking? Life has a way of being messy at times. It is not always easy. I like what one of my students says, "no worries". I am need of that reminder often. Life is challenging, and at times I allow myself too much freedom to worry. What has worry got me, nothing - But a sore stomach, a head ache, and internal tension. I do not know what will happen in the next few moments, but I do know that if I worry, I will be worse for the ware. What does the Creator of this thing called life want me to do with worry?

Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." (the message)

Now that is an encouragement. Who has ever accomplished anything by worrying? Have you been better or worse as a result of the energy used by worry. I say worse, by my own life experiences. No one benefits from worrying! God has given us a way to displace our worry with a call out to Him in praise and petition. God knows where you are today. Even if you do not know whether He is there or not. He knows you, and desires for you to place your trust in Him, and know Him. I challenge you to take your worry, and place them into prayers. I will do the same, as I face the challenges before me in the coming days. Have a wonderful day. Peace

No comments: