Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Walking in a new world . . .


Life is about change?? Is it not? Or, Wait, life is about choices?? Or something like that. Life is about what?? What is life about really?? I do not want to be know for the thing I did as a Job. I do not want to be known as the guy who did this or that. I want to be known as Me. The guy that lived life to the fullest, honestly followed Jesus, loved people in his world, was there to help at times of need - someone who helped others through this thing called life. I want to have a positive impact on the world in which I walk. I care about the people I come in contact with. I enjoy helping people in life. Now, how do you translate that into something where you can make a living. I do not want to be rich, mind you - Actually, I am rich beyond belief - when compared to the worlds population. I do long for freedom from the debt I have created in my life. I pray often for wisdom to handle finances well, and make good decisions. I am a blessed man, and I rejoice in that blessing today, knowing that things could change at any moment. Now if things changed, would I be any less blessed? No, I do not believe so. I still am blessed. What does it mean to be blessed?? That is one for you to spend some time with and ponder. Are you blessed?? What does that mean for you?? Is blessing only the absence of troubles, or the abundance of things?? I challenge you to think it through.

OK - On to the blog. I am starting a new job as a cashier at Busch's Market - actually I work in guest services. I am the final link in your experience as a guest at Busch's. I hope that you have enjoyed the entire experience, and it is my hope to fill your final moments with joy as well. So yesterday, I had my first day of cashier training. It is a little overwhelming. All the information that you have to take in during a 4 hour session. The training went well. I learned many things about the job, and that knowledge has tempered some of my anxiety. I wrote about the fear of the unknown in another blog.

Brain burp . . . I remember a man named Tony Compolo spoke about something, here you go look at the link. It is what I want in this life. Look at the entire link and tell me what you think.


So, What did you think?? I want to have testimonies. I want to impact my world. I want my wife to know that I love her and that it is my job to server with a love that is active and alive - and there in Bring Glory to God. I want my children to know that I love them, and that I place them above myself - lead them and teach them what is important in this world. I want my family to know that I am here to love them sacrificially. I want to help those in my world to find and follow Jesus. Not so I can be a "somebody" or a "something", but because it is the right thing to do. It is the only thing to do. I wish I could tell you that I am there already. I am not. I am working to be there. Each day, I embrace the opportunity to live out my desire.

Again, on with the Blog . . . wait this is the blog. OK, on with this blog. I have my second day of cashier training today in Saline. Today, I get to help real customers with their shopping experience. I know folks will be gracious, and I hope to learn a lot today and bring a little encouragement into their day. I hope you all are well. I am excited about today and the coming days. Have fun. Peace.

No comments: