Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Big guy leading the little people . . .


Can you believe it, I work as a gym instructor during one of the classes at school. I love to work with the students. Today, I was giving one student direct encouragement to keep going, and not to give up during a run of leg lifts. I found it to be kind of funny, that I was standing near the student in a relaxed fashion telling him not to give up, and to keep going. Let me fill you in - I am a skinny guy stuck in a fat man's body. OK, I don't need to pay for two seats on the airplane yet, but I am bigger than I would like to be. I have a friend here at the high school that calls me "Slim" that term has been dear to my heart. I long to be slim, but I eat like I will be fatter in moments. You may not want to know, but most times I find myself eating, I am not hungry for food. Have you ever been hungry for other issues. Some folks I know when they are under stress or in a soul dilemma, they do not eat. They actually loose weight. I am the opposite, I turn to food at times for some lame sort of soul comfort. Crazy - hey. Well, they say that things like chocolate get the endorphins popping. You know that Happy hormone in the brain. I long to be thinner again. I have a dream - but I need to but feet on my dream. Well, I do have feet, I need to get my feet moving my body forward, or better yet, just moving. I will keep in mind that it is much easier for me to give encouragement to someone that is working out than it is to work out. The kids are gracious. Look up and smile, the Sky is beautiful.

No comments: