Friday, November 2, 2007

The Blood Blog . . .



Today . . . I did something I thought I would not be able to do again. I gave blood to the Red Cross. It was not as bad as I thought. Well, let me share my story with you. Once upon a time, long long ago - I gave blood on a regular basis to the Red Cross in Virginia. It was no big deal, about every eight weeks or so I would stop by and make a pint donation. Then one time, while I was making a deposit, I passed out and a 90 year old lady caught me and rushed me over to a cot and brought me back to life. I was a little embarrassed. A big strapping guy like myself passing out on an old lady. I have used that experience as a lame excuse to keep me from giving blood for the past 10 years. So today, I faced my fears head on. I gave a pint, and I feel good. I like to help others, even when I may never know who I help. What have you done today to help out your fellow man? Keep your eyes open for ways you can help, and remember your nearest neighbor is your Family.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That takes guts. Whenever I get blood drawn, they take it from my left arm, and i'm left handed, which makes things a little annoying. Maybe the emergency lockdown is because of some dude who put a Saw 3 picture on his blog.

DragonustX said...

OKAY?? LOL?? ROFL?? IDK its kinda a creepy pic but funny all the same. I haven't seen the movie either but i heard it was gross. and congrat s on getting blod drawn. i've never had blood drawn before so congrats to u TIMMY.