Monday, November 12, 2007

What a wonderful Fall weekend . . .


Great Weekend!

I loved this weekend, it was enjoyable, and I achieved some of my goals. My wife and I attended a marriage conference called Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage, found at http://www.laughyourway.com/ . By far the best marriage weekend I ever attended in 19 plus years of marriage. I laughed till my sides hurt, and then I cried as deficiencies were exposed. I want to be a better man. I love my wife deeply. She is by far the most beautiful woman I know. I was challenged on many fronts this weekend, and at the same time I was encouraged to hit the reset button and begin again. Ask forgiveness, and move on to a better marriage. We also went out to eat with our friends who also attended the conference. We had a great meal at Moe's on the Ten. We saw some students, who are now married, that graduated from Student Union http://www.covenantredford.com/studentunion/second_home_page.htm .
On Saturday . . .
evening, our kids were all over. My sons had there friends over to stay the night, so we had 5 boys all afternoon and evening. Our daughter went to spend time with her friend. I took down an old shed and began to burn some of the wood from an old tree. I went to bed late.
On Sunday . . .
we woke up early and went to Orchard Grove and were encouraged in the Lord to look beyond me and look at WE. Life is so much more than Me. We also attended Covenant to drop off the boys. We went out to eat at Empire Dynasty with several of our old friend. The food was good, the fellowship was even better. When we got home, I continued to burn the wood and mowed the lawn. Wow, what a great weekend. How was your weekend?? No I mean really. What did you do? What did you learn? What did your Read? What did you watch? That is enough for now. Have a wonderful day. Peace

No comments: