Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Day of Running . . .




Today my daughter and I ran many errands. We had to go to Detroit Children's Hospital for an appointment that was to happen at 11:00 am, but we were not seen until 12:45 pm. Now that is quite a bummer. We had plans to do some things together and hang out, but we had to do other running as well. By the time we were done with our first appointment, we were off and running trying to get to all the places we needed to go. We were unable to get all of our stuff done, so that was a bummer.
So here I am at the end of my day typing a blog. Ha ha now that is really funny.
I am at the Library. I am working on a paper for Ordination. I need to have this done in the next week to turned in. Yes, I want to be a REV. Can you believe it, me a Reverend. I can, and at the same time I can not. I am not some sort of super human. No - I am just a regular Guy. I try to do my best at all I put my hand too, but I mess up a lot. I am not perfect, and I am glad that is not the standard I am required to keep. I have been a Pastor in some regard for the past several years. I just left my last Church at the end of August. I was there for 8 1/2 years as their Youth Pastor. I really miss the kids. I miss the people. I also miss the opportunity to speak and share the Word of God with regular people on a regular basis. I am not the kind of pastor that wants to force you to believe what I believe. At times, I even struggle with what I believe. I decide each day to walk by faith, and trust that god with my life. I do want to challenge you to consider Jesus. He is a gentleman and invites you to come and follow Him. I am a follower. I am trusting His claims and following Him. Well I am running out of time so I will hit the road. Have a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad is an ordained minister in the Wesleyan church. I understand your concerns about perfection and holding yourself to a higher standard. My dad is NOT PERFECT! He has some kind of temper and always calls the football referees "crooks." LOL! The hardest part that you should be aware of is your kids. I always felt enormous pressure to be perfect because I wanted my good behavior to reflect well on my dad, especially when he was bidding for a new church or had just gotten a position. There is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it can get taken too far. On the flip side, it was so exciting to meet new people and explore the ins and outs of new churches. Good Luck! You will be in my prayers.

Tree said...

Krista, thanks for your prayers. I am blessed. As we left our last church, my kids were devistated. We are attending a couple of places that are a real blessing. I have enjoyed your blog, and your comments. Thank you. Have a wonderful day.