Sunday, November 25, 2007

A fast weekend . . .


I know, I have been quiet. Sorry. I do not like to be quiet, it is like being mentally and emotionally constipated. Sorry if that is too graphic, but it is how it is. You know, you have to lets some of this stuff out, so you do not get sick. OK, enough of that . . .

My weekend started out on Wednesday. My children were at my parents house for the night. My wife had surgery planned for 1:30 that day. We were sleeping in late and the phone rang, they could take us early, so we got up, got ready and headed off to Huron Valley Hospital. My wife and I decided that we love our three children, but that we are not having any more children. So my wife decided to close down the baby factory. Yes, you are right, I did not want to have the male surgery, so my wife opted to have her tubes tied, or something like that. When the doc was finished he came out and told me all went well and showed me the photos. I am going to ask for a copy, they were interesting. My wife is still sore, but she is doing better.

Turkey day was awesome. Spent the day in Brighton with my family. I did get my butt kicked by my 4 year old nephew in Wii Boxing. It was crazy. It was the best workout of the weekend. We had Prime Rib, some of the best I have had all year long. Pumpkin Pie, it is the best. What did you do at your meal? We ate, drank and played Wii.

Friday, started at 4 am. I know. I did not think I could do it ether. But I did it for my son. He wanted the new Golden DS lite, and Sam's club had it on sale with the new Zelda game, so we were there to buy it at 5 am. We walked in when the doors opened, and bought it and then drove home, laughing at all the folks in line at Target. It was fun. I am proud of him, he held his birthday money from July, in order to buy a new ds lite. His other one died. We met my brother at Chuckie Cheese's. We played games for over an hour. Then we meet my fam at the Olive garden for a great family meal. My youngest son and I hung out while my wife and daughter went to babysit for my brother and his wife. The rest of the day was a cash. I was dead to the world.

Well - I am here today, Sunday. I have been heavy hearted because I may have offended a friend in my Tuesday 4th block class. She is the youngest of 2 children, and there are 13 years between her and her brother. Actually they are driving home from his house today. I can not wait to apologise to her tomorrow at school. I was just teasing about her being so far away from her brother, and that her parents must be "old". And that her parents must have been surprised. OK, in my mind it seemed funny. But I do not know their story. She is a wonderful young lady. I hope she will forgive me for being insensitive.

I am still a work in progress, and so are you . . . How was your weekend. comment me. I would love to know.

No comments: